Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thank you, Mr. Anthony

So, I like it when reading a book enlarges your vocabulary. And when you're reading something by Piers Anthony it happens regularly. I sometimes feel like I should have a dictionary within reach. Here's an example of the words that I have looked up. A couple I had already come across, but never new the actual definition.

triumvirate (n): a group or association of three. ((okay, I KNEW that, but...I thought it was more special than that. Apparently it's not, it's just 3 of whatever))

inchoate (adj): being only partly in existence or operation : incipient; especially : imperfectly formed or formulated : formless, incoherent

occidental (adj):
of, relating to, or situated in the Occident : western

Anyway, just thought I'd share, so you can use one of them in a random conversation and look like the smarty you know you are.

((edited to add: the current book I'm on is "Wielding a Red Sword," the fourth book in the "Incarnations of Immortality" series. This is a VERY good series. I highly recommend it.))

No comments: