Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Erin the smartypants

Every day I'm amazed by what Erin is learning. Sometimes though, she comes up with something new that just surprises me. Yesterday was one of those days.

She has been trying to put on her own shoes lately. And she's been trying to put on mine. Yesterday a friend came over, and took off her shoes while she was here, and Erin tried those on too. She also knows that shoes get put on before we go outside. So if she sees me put on my sandals and getting the diaper bag ready...well...she brings me her shoes.

It's also fun watching her get around objects with her walker, and "problem solve." Sometimes she gets stuck and has to figure out how to get unstuck and get around what she's stuck on. She also loves to put things on her walker to carry them, and watching her try to put things on so they fit and don't fall off is great.

Yesterday, though, she did two new things that just amazed me. Her sippy cup was up on the table, where she couldn't reach it. I was watching her reach up on her tippy toes and barely brush it with the tips of her fingers, and she was screaming in frustration. I just wanted to see what she would do. So then she turned to me, pointed to the cup, and pointed to herself and said "Gee?" I've been trying to teach her to say "please" and "Gee" is as close as we've gotten. I was laughing so hard. I, of course, got her sippy cup for her, since she made her desire so clear and said please.

Yesterday morning Erin took a very early nap. She fell asleep at 10:30am and slept for an hour. She usually takes her nap around 2:30 so it was very early for her. So by the time 7pm rolled around, she was starting to get very tired. I usually give her her bath at 8pm and then she's in bed between 8:30 and 9. Well, by 7:30 she was REALLY crabby. So I looked at her and asked her "Should I give you an early bath? Is it bathtime for you?" In response she grabbed my hand and started walking down the hall. I let her lead me, and she walked straight into the bathroom.

My little girl is so smart!!

1 comment:

Adi said...

awwwww our babies are so smart!