Saturday, August 9, 2008

I suppose there's a first time for everything.

So, last night, I was giving Erin a bath. Not a new thing, we do this every night as part of her getting-ready-for-bed routine. As she was playing with her toys, I was brushing my teeth. Also not a new thing. So I look down, and she's holding something in her hand. She grinned big and held it up to me.

I looked at it. It was brown and round and squishy looking. And then I realized...

Erin had POOPED in the bath! And she was awfully proud of herself and just had to show me what she had done.

All I can say is that mom reactions kicked in. Erin was soon out of the poopy water with her hands washed, dried, powdered, diapered and such. Then I fished it out of the water with the washrag and the washrag and all her toys were in the sink full of hot water and some bleach.

It was only after the fact, when I thought about it, that I gagged a bit. *rolls eyes* But every parent has to experience that at least once, right?

3 comments:

Amber D. said...

Gross, but funny! Did Stephanie Egli tell you about the time that they found Abigail in her crib in the morning and she had pooped, taken off her diaper and spread it all over her body?! I can say with assurance that I'm not looking forward to her being interested in the poo stuff, the other day I was changing her diaper like normal and Lily decided that she wanted to take it off, I could only think, "And so it begins..." Sounds like fun stuff! You are such a good mom, I don't know if I would have thought about sanitizing the toys, I'm sure it would have come later but I would probably go into panic mode and wonder if she had swallowed any water or something like that. Anyways, this is pretty lengthy so I'm going to end. Thanks for your story!

MBCannady said...

I told you she was a monkey. At least she didn't fling it. ;)

Kari said...

HA! That's funny. If it makes you feel better, Braden used to poop in the bath (he's done it maybe 5 times but hasn't for almost a year) and every time he did he'd get scared and seriously freak out while I try so hard not to throw up.