Monday, August 18, 2008

Okay, what now???

This morning I'm getting sharp stabbing pains on my LEFT side, along with the pulsing in my right side. Ugh. I've read gallbladder issues can cause pancreas issues. GAH!! I feel like my body is falling apart. I just want my insides to WORK dangit!

It's at this time that I would normally ask for a blessing. But...Matt's in Oklahoma, and both my home teachers moved. As far as I know, we won't be getting new ones until around the time Matt gets back.

I feel very alone right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to call your bishop and your EQP. You are NOT alone! I'm so sorry babe...

Adi said...

stop being such a baby and acting helpless brittanie. CALL UR BISHOP like everyone is saying. Quit whining until AFTER you get a blessing.

Kari said...

It sounds like it could be your gallbladder, and it's probably not affecting your pancreas yet. I've already had mine removed. It can hurt in your left side. Most doctors will just have you change your diet; stay away from anything fattening, greasy, spicy or anything else that seems to trigger attacks. If you've had more than one attack, doctors will start recommending surgery to remove the gallbladder (it's outpatient surgery), but since your pregnant they'll try to hold off as lond as possible. If necessary it can be done during pregnancy. I knew someone who did and she and the baby were fine. By the way, it turns out that pregnancy (if you are or ever have been) increases your chance of gallstones. Sorry that this is so long, but I wanted you to know that as horrible as the pain is, it won't hurt your baby. Anyways, I'm glad you got a blessing. They are invaluable and please don't hesitate to get one. Hope things work out okay.