Sunday, March 29, 2009

An Ode to Erin

note: Please excuse the blurriness of some of the photos. It's hard to take good pics of a toddler on the move!

I love Erin, and she can be so much fun (as well as completely frustrating, but right now I'm focusing on the good stuff!)

Inspired by the day at the Children's museum, I bought some foam stickers and markers to have coloring time with Erin. She enjoys it so much.

She is such a little personality now. I love watching her emerge into the person she's going to be. I think I have finally accepted that she's a little girl now and not a baby. Is it normal to be sad when your baby grows up? I've tried to be excited about this next stage in her life instead of missing "baby Erin," and I think it's going well. Having a new baby helps of course...lol.

She's becoming so opinionated, and while sometimes it's quite aggrivating, most of the time I just enjoy seeing more of her personality.

For instance: she loves doing everything herself. Especially loves eating a whole apple. She doesn't like it as much if I cut it up first (which is my preferred way of eating it), especially not if it's a granny smith. Which is why we ended up with small bits of apple on our floor today.
Quite often I find myself laughing as she does something new or gets excited about something I would consider mundane. I'm so lucky to have her, and I thank the Lord for her every day.

6 comments:

Adi said...

that is the cutest outfit ever! She looks adorable! Sometimes I wish marcus were more like Erin... as in.. focused. He's just crazy and runs around

quilting queen said...

she's getting so big. SHE'S DOING SO WELL. I thought it was so funny that she poked the marker in her stomach after she put the top on. She really is cute in that dress. I'm so sad that I've missed out on so much of her life.

Nyssa said...

awww. i used to put marker caps on that same way.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with her hairdo...

Kari said...

She's such a cutie! Yes, it's okay to get sad about your kids growing up! I still get sad that Braden is a little boy (he's already 3 1/2) and that Noah's techinically a toddler now. It's because it happens so fast!

I've been thinking about buying some foam things for Braden, but I don't thik he'd enjoy them as much as Erin.

paxcan said...

Erin is so sweet! I only wish I could see her in person more often. It looks like she is enjoying coloring too.