Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dear Cora

Dear Cora,

I've been trying to write this letter for several hours, and I don't have words to adequately express my feelings.

I miss you.

I am so very glad to have your sister and brother here. They bring me such joy. I just wish I could have seen you play with them. There were so many dreams I had for you. So many things I wanted to experience with you.

We're having a family portrait taken. I hope that it isn't too hard for me, on your birthday, when it's so very obvious our family isn't complete.

I know you have a great work to accomplish. Heavenly Father needed you for something very important, and I know you are busy doing that very thing. I hope that you are happy doing what you are doing.

Do you miss me?

As much as this hurts, being away from you like this, I would rather this than not having you at all. I long for the day when we can all be together. Yet I am content to wait.

I love you my darling girl. I miss you. But I am so glad that you are mine. I am so glad for the great promise I have that you will be mine forever and that I will have you in my arms again.

Remembering you always,
~Mommy~



Photobucket

11 comments:

Baking Bonster said...

HAPPY 3RD. BIRTHDAY, CORA!!!! You are greatly missed and loved dearly. Love, Roald's mommy

Amy said...

Happy Angel Day Cora! Wanted to let you know I posted the butterflies on both our blogs! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brittanie! This made me cry... I miss you, and I hope you have a good Cora's Birthday. I've been thinking about you and praying for you all day.

Love you!

Sarah Garner said...

Happy birthday Cora!

April said...

Happy Angel Day Cora, wow 3 years. What a sweet letter. I know she's with your famliy. I hope its been a good day for you.

Rylie said...

Oh Happy Birthday sweet angel Cora. Thank you for sharing your letter with all of us. Much love to you all. Rylie

PS: I am posting the butterflies on my blog.

The Holland Family said...

I hope you find comfort and peace today. Your angel's day. Love, Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

Mrs. Dexter said...

Thinking of you today-
Much love to the whole family.

Courtney said...

Oh sweet girl I missed her birthday but I am so glad that so many people participated in the online butterfly release.

I know you had to be full of emotions yesterday I hope that your heart found some peace at the end of it all. I know little Cora is up there looking down on your just beaming with happiness at her wonderful Mommy!

Dan and Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Cora!!

Nori Duran said...

A very sweet letter to a sweet angel.