Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Thanksgiving trip

So, we had a great week in Utah with family. It was really good to get to see family I hadn't gotten to see for more than a quick "hi" as I was running around doing other things. ((it's not letting me upload pictures, so I'll have to add those later!))

We drove down to stay a few nights with Matt's sister Jenny (Sun-Tue nights). We got to meet Jenny's little Emma, and Erin just loved her (right now we're looking through pictures and Erin keeps pointing and saying "Memma! Memma!"). She also had loads of fun playing with all of Emma's toys.

Jenny and Mark had a rocking horse that Emma was too young to play with, but which Erin just LOVED. They were kind enough to let us borrow it for the rest of the week, and Erin was sad to leave it behind. I'll have to try to find her one of her own...

Wednesday was busy as we drove down to the Provo/Orem area, had lunch with Adrienne, visited Telima, and then took a tour of the BYU Geology department (and then went to dinner). We were exhausted by the time we got to Jared and Amber's house.

Erin LOVED her uncle Jared. Maybe because he tossed her around and hung her upside down more than Matt and I do...I don't know. She just loved playing with him.

Thanksgiving dinner was great. It was the first time that I can remember that we had homemade stuffing. Amber made it and it was SO GOOD (and I forgot to get the recipe!)

All in all we were sad to go home. We had so much fun spending time with our family. We brought our Wii and played Wii Sports and Dr. Mario. I do have to say, that I got my butt thoroughly beat at Dr. Mario by both Amber and Adrienne. I guess that's what I get for thinking I'm good at it, huh? =Þ It was fun though. And it's always fun to watch Erin and Marcus play with each other. I'm so glad I got to spend time with everyone.

Jared, Amber and Mikkena, thanks for letting us stay!

3 comments:

HRHSpence said...

I so wish I could have been there to visit with you guys!

quilting queen said...

I'm really sad we couldn't have been there. I have a wooden rocking horse that I bought at JoAnns that I haven't put together and painted yet. I could do it for Erin's B-Day. I really miss seeing all you guys

Jared Hill said...

You're welcome, come any time...and don't forget the wii.