Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Finally, nearly a whole week into December, Matt and I put up our tree last night. Okay, I did. He helped me move the furniture around, but all the tree putting up was me. And let me say, I'm a convert to pre-lit trees. It's not as lighted as I would like, but I was WAY too tired to fight with strings of lights last night! It doesn't have any decorations until about a third of the way up, to keep Erin off of it.

Here it is:

I also wanted to show you the stockings I made us!Yes, Cora has one. I'm going to put a letter in it on Christmas Eve. Kind of like a "Christmas Box" sort of thing. Truth is, I was buying one for each of us (even baby brother, but I can't make his until he has a set name. And he doesn't need it this year anyway), and felt bad about leaving Cora out. So she got one too.

And to my surprise, mine lights up! I didn't realize that when I bought the kit.


I also pulled out the Little People Nativity Set that Grandma Linda gave us. Erin's had so much more fun with it this year.

Last year she tried to eat Mary. This year, she put her on top of the stable. lol

And a video... ((if I can get it to upload))



And on a completely random note, Erin is 18 months old today! Wow, where does the time go huh? I can't believe how grown up she's getting. She really isn't a baby anymore, she's now a little girl, and sometimes I feel like reality hits me over the head with it. I'll look at her and think "wow, she looks so grown up."

I guess they really mean it when they say cherish every moment, huh?

3 comments:

quilting queen said...

You should try to sell the stocking I made you. It might pay for Christmas.

sweetpea#1 said...

I am wanting to make stockings myself, tell where you got the kits please! It will be a maiden voyage in sowing for me and I am sooo excited about doing it! We have a Wal-Mart here and that is about it, so let me know. Yours are beautiful.

Adi said...

I had mom make Sabe a stocking and she's going to make Marcus one and eventually this bebe too. I like yours! I like that they were hand made by you. Makes them special. I want that nativity set!