Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and decorating for Christmas

So, we had our friends David and Aubrey and their girls Myla and Savannah over for Thanksgiving.  Aubrey and I had playdates at least 2 or 3 times a week before we moved to Denver.  Then David got a job in Lamar (3 hours south of us) this fall, so we were able to have them close-ish again!  And I forgot to take out my camera the whole time so I'm glad that Aubrey took some pictures!

This is Erin and Myla watching a movie while Thanksgiving dinner cooks.


And this is how Patrick spent his first Thanksgiving (we didn't get any shots of us at the table)

After dinner Erin found Patrick's hat and was goofing off.


And Patrick came to cuddle


After his bath Patrick decided to play a video game (he's starting early)

The next day was Aubrey's birthday and she got breakfast in bed


We took all the babies for a walk down to the playground, and of course forgot the camera.  And since we didn't have the camera, Erin decided that she could climb all the way up the ladder by herself and go down the slide by herself too.  Gah!  I'm so proud of her!

Then we came back and had lunch and I discovered why Aubrey never gives Myla sauce with her chicken nuggets

 After they were all cleaned up though, they decided to lay down together.

Erin was really sad to have her friends leave today.  I think she missed Aubrey the most though.  She cried for 15 minutes after we said goodbye this morning!!

After we put the babies down to sleep, I put out the Christmas decorations.




4 comments:

HRHSpence said...

Pretty decorations and yes, keep the sauce away from that little girl!

Anonymous said...

Awww I love Christmas decorating! :-) I'm going to miss out on it this year, as we have no decorations, and we're spending Christmas with our families. Next year, when we have a place of our own, we'll be able to have Christmas decor again. Sigh.

But your stuff is SO pretty!

quilting queen said...

I'm so glad you didn't spend Thanksgiving alone. Such cute pics of the kids.

Adi said...

I kinda snickered at the climbing the ladder all by herself. I have to remind myself that not all kids are as psychotic about climbing as Marcus! that pic of pman asleep in the chair is adorable!!